Tuesday, January 20, 2009

It's a New Year... Time to Break More Promises?

With humble apologies to my followers... clearly it's been over two months since I last posted. With that, I give you my first New Year's resolution for 2009:

- To post once per week.

To tell you the truth, that's my only New Year's resolution. I had another one... to lose five pounds, but I'm happy to say that two weeks into 2009 I've already accomplished that one. I'm back down to my healthy weight range, though I am sure I'll fight The Battle of The Bulge for the rest of my life. (See "Confessions of a Fat Girl.")

For the last couple of weeks I've been pondering "Speaking the Truth" in a spirt of truth and love. Circumstances of late in our church have brought me to a place of asking some important and hard questions about speaking the truth in a way that builds up the body of Christ rather than tears it down. I have become convinced that truth must be told in all circumstances, but must always be balanced with love and respect for one another. So I'll study that one a little bit more this week and get back to you next week with my findings.

No comments: