Monday, February 2, 2009

The Top Ten Things I "Love" About Being a Pastor's Wife

10) Someone always notices when I wear a new outfit, even if my husband doesn't. In fact, they're probably analyzing it with half a dozen friends. Sometimes I'll get a phone call from someone who doesn't even go to my church asking me to model it for them. Sometimes, while pastoring at smaller churches, it would even make the following Sunday's bulletin.

9) If I get a great haircut, I hear about it.

8) If I get a bad haircut, I hear about it.

7) Editing my husband's sermons.

6) Arguing over a grammatical point in my husband's sermon, and wondering why he asked for my help in the first place if he didn't really want my opinion.

5) Correcting people who assume that I can play the piano.

4) Correcting people who assume that I would love to lead the church's children's ministry.

3) Watching other people put my husband on a pedestal while thinking to myself, "If they only knew how many times I pick his dirty socks and underwear up off the floor at home……."

2) Entertaining dinner guests that my husband forgot to tell me that he invited over.

1) The never-ending life lessons on thrift: how to stretch a dollar to its maximum while living on a Pastor's salary. Value Village, here I come!



Are there any pastor's wives out there who can relate? Share your stories with me.

No comments: